Good-Bye Gym, Hello Jillian!

10 June 2009

Two-years-ago I started to run, and absolutely love the challenge of pushing myself to a new level or goal. However, I have never liked group exercise classes or going to the gym for the elliptical. Our gym membership just ran out, and we're trying to hold off on getting another one until the new 24 Hour Fitness opens up within a mile of our house.

In the meantime I am loving Jillian Michaels and am seeing some serious results! I have never liked exercise videos, because I get bored easily, am clumsy and trip over my own feet, and don't like being distracted while I workout. However, Jillian's videos are no nonsense, quick, basic, and get fast results.

Here are my two favorite videos:


30 DS is a great video that blasts your heart rate up! It is broken up into 3 levels that you do for 10 days each. There are modifications for whatever stage you're at - beginner to advanced. Each workout is 20 minutes long and extremely effective. Everyone has 20 minutes to squeeze in a workout!

No More Trouble Zones is another great video! It's a thorough weight training circuit. There are 6 circuits in the video that go very quickly. As soon as you start to think about "phoning it in" Jillian moves to the next exercise. The video is 40 minutes plus a 5 minute warm up and cool down.

I try to work 3 days of No More Trouble Zones, and 2-3 days of 30 Day Shred into my week.

The next addition to my workout video collection will be Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism

Cost:
All 3 videos are around $8. With Amazon's Super Saver program that offers free shipping on $25+ orders you can get 3 videos for around $25. That's far less than most gym memberships!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment