Taco-Tuesday-on-Monday Night

21 February 2011

Our family likes tacos, but my 6-year-old loves tacos. We have a friend who grew up having tacos every Tuesday, and the idea intrigued me. It sounded great and easy, but I was unsure if the fam would go for it. Well, I made the decision for us; however, Tuesdays didn't work out with our schedule. So each Monday my oldest child starts salivating around 4:30 p.m., and I owe a huge part of that to this recipe.





Taco Seasoning (no MSG, Gluten, or other unknown ingredients)

1/2 cup chili powder
1/3 cup cumin
1 T paprika
2 T sea salt (or to taste)
2 T black pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp red pepper flakes

1. Pour all ingredients into a jar and shake! Use 3 tablespoons per pound of meat, and it lasts through 9-10 Taco-Tuesday-on-Monday Nights.

I also use this on vegetables and popcorn popped in coconut oil. The recipe is easily reduced down if you want to try it before committing to so many spices. A friend and I split bulk Starwest spices from Vitacost to help cut costs in our grocery budget while still using organic ingredients.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I like your blog, Nicole. I just stumbled on this today, and great timing - I just began buying organic and whole foods for the family. I haven't told them... sshhh :) It's hard to do on a budget! But we're doing it. Thanks for sharing your life here, I don't know much about gluten-free. I will now! Emma loves tacos, too. I'm trying this recipe this week. :)

Post a Comment