Menu: Week 2

08 November 2011

Summary of Last Week:

All meals were cooked according to plan. Except one. On Saturday I put the roast in the slow cooker at 11 a.m., and at 5:30 it wouldn't shred. I waited until 6:00 and it still wouldn't shred. By 6:45 we were all super hungry, and the roast fought me. Brandon called it, I protested, and he ordered pizza. Squeals filled the house, because take-out pizza is pretty rare around here (unless we are in Chicago and then all bets are off). In my maturity I pouted, ate salad, smelled the pizza, took my heavy-duty digestive enzymes, and ate a piece. The roast cooked another few hours, and we ate it after church on Sunday.

Unplanned for Pizza: $12.00

Total for Last week: $158.81 (this included all meals, pizza, my stock-up on nuts, some organic condensed milk I bought on clearance for the holidays, and the gallons of water for drinking and cooking)

Wednesday
(B) Omelettes
(L) Smoothies
(D) Beef Stew (will use beef from Italian beefs on Saturday)

Thursday
(B) Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal (my kids are addicted)
(L) Hard Boiled Eggs, Cheese Stick, Carrots & Sunflower Seed Butter, Pears
(D) Butternut Squash Soup (already made, in freezer)

Friday
(B) Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
(L) Chicken Sausage, Cheese stick, Carrots & Walnut Hummus
(D) Chicken Salad Sandwiched between Romaine Leaves*

Saturday
(B) Scrambled Eggs & Breakfast Chicken Sausage
(L) Peanut Butter & Jelly on Sprouted Bread & Carrots (kids)
(D) Chili

Sunday
(B) Open
(L) Chicken Salad Sandwiched between Romaine Leaves*
(D) Bacon Cheeseburgers (served w/out bun) with Avocado & a Salad

Monday
(B) Egg bake
(L) Chili
(D) Sun Dried Tomato Chicken & Spaghetti Squash

Tuesday
(B) Egg Bake
(L) Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Sprouted Grilled Cheese Sandwich (kids)
(D) Taco Tuesday!

Snacks: Walnut Hummus with Carrots, Pears*, Apples*, & Pineapple*

* - on sale at Sprouts


Sprouts Weekly Sale Papers and Coupons
- I will be using the Cascadian Farms coupons for fruits and vegetables
- Pineapples are on the clean list, so I will be buying a few pineapples
- Organic apples and pears are also a great deal.
- Organic butternut squash is on sale. This weekend a large batch of Butternut Squash Soup will be filling my freezer. Cubed butternut squash also freezes very well.

Total Spent:

Sprouts: $72.89

Here are some of the great deals I got at Sprouts:

Organic, free-range butter - 2 lbs/$7
3lb free-range turkey breast - $2.99/lb
6 free-range turkey legs - $1.49/lb
4 lbs of organic pears - $1.29/lb
6 lbs of organic butternut squash - $.99/lb
11 lbs of organic apples (making applesauce) - $1.29
3 pineapples - $.99/each


0 comments:

Post a Comment