Green Beans & Toasted Almonds

16 November 2011

For the most part, I don't have a problem getting my kids to eat vegetables. My husband is a totally different story. To get Brandon to eat vegetables once-a-day I have to be very creative. So, imagine my surprise when this insanely easy green bean recipe got rave reviews from not only my husband but all of my children as well!

Green Beans with Toasted Almonds


Ingredients:
1 lb frozen green beans
2 T butter
2 cloves of garlic
¾ cup slivered almonds
½ tsp salt (optional)
¼ tsp pepper (optional)


Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. I used a convection oven on the “Toast” setting.

- Put frozen green beans, butter, garlic, and salt and pepper into a deep frying pan or
skillet over medium heat. beans will take about 5-7 minutes to cook.
- As beans are cooking, spread slivered almonds over a small baking dish. Place in conventional or convection oven. Move every so often to make sure all almond pieces get toasted.
- Once almonds are toasted add them to the frying pan/skillet and stir well. Cook until the green beans reach the tenderness you like (we like crispier vegetables). Enjoy!

Quote From the Dinner Table:
“The almonds are almost as good as bacon!” - Brandon

Cost:
Organic Green Beans (Costco): $1.20/lb
Organic Butter (Sprouts or Costco): $.25
Slivered Almonds (Costco): $.75
Seasonings (Garlic - Costco, Spices): $.10
Total: $2.30


0 comments:

Post a Comment