We had a moment of rejoicing in our family last night that I must share with my readers.... ready?
I "just whipped something up" for dinner! I'm not a good cook, remember? Well last night I made an incredible pasta that was heavy on the veggies, light on the pasta, and very satisfying!
1 Zucchini, cut in small cubes
1/2 Yellow squash, cut in small cubes
1/2 Eggplant, cut in small cubes
2 tomatoes, again - cut in cubes
4-6 cloves of garlic (we love garlic)
2 teaspoons of Italian seasonings
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 servings cooked spaghetti noodles
2 T olive oil
- Heat olive oil in medium-high heat deep skillet
- Add garlic and Italian seasonings and saute for 1-2 minutes. Don't let garlic get brown.
- Add cubed squashes. Cook until tender when poked with a fork.
- Add tomatoes. Cook until warmed thoroughly - don't let them get mushy.
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Mix 2 actual servings of pasta into the veggies; however, this recipe makes 4 side servings.
I served this with grilled chicken and it was a huge it for everyone!
1 Zucchini: $.40
1/2 Yellow Squash: $.20
1/2 Eggplant: $50
2 Tomatoes: $.66
Olive oil & seasonings: $.25
Chicken breasts: $2.50